Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Ge dishwasher mod pdw7880j03ss keyboard is stuck. Only heated

Ge dishwasher mod pdw7880j03ss keyboard is stuck. Only heated Dr and normal lights are on tried shutting off power. Is there a reset for the panel

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

try holding the heated dry button in for 5 seconds, this should unlock the control. let me know. thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That didn't get it , bad keypad?
does the keypad beep when you press any of the buttons ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nope
okay , mmm . the entire keypad is not responding ? sounds like the child lock is engaged, The heated dry should have unlocked the controls so the keypad is the issue. this is very expensive to replace. Touchpad and Control Panel WD34X10976 Main Product View $259.00. the part number is WD34X10976. I would try opening the control panel and unpluging the ribbon then spray the contacts down with contact cleaner . (shut the power off first) then turn the machine back on before plugging the ribbon back in to reset the control. then plug the ribbon back in and see if it works.