Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Maytag washer Tech coming Friday, but I need to unlock my Maytag

Maytag washer Tech coming Friday, but I need to unlock my Maytag front load now. Please help.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! Is there water in the tub that is not draining now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Drain cycle drained the tub but door still locked
Has all the water drained out of the tub? Does the pump run when you turn the machine on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. The water has drained. Don't know if the odd noise is the pump or not.
Okay, so if the pump has for certain drained the water out, the pressure switch is not recognizing the water has been drained, the control is not energizing the solenoid to unlock it or the lock assembly is bad. There is no emergency release on this lock, so if it will not unlock, it will need to be forced open or the faulty component will need to be replaced. Unplug the machine for at least 15 minutes (to allow the PCB components to totally discharge) and see if a new cycle will start. If it does, cancel it right away and see if the door will unlock. Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok. Thanks.
There is no Cancel button. So, how do I cancel a cycle?
Just press the power button.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Door still locked.
Unplugged for 15 minutes. Replugged. Started a cycle. Door is tighter now. Whoops. water visible mot draining. Odd noise like gravel sloshing which has stopped and now motor humming very quietly.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Kelly stopped responding before my front load washer door unlocked.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Hi my Name is XXXXX XXXXX Kelly is off line. you say theres water in this and its not draining ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes not draining and door locked.
Okay this can be a pain I know. first what you need to do is get the pressure switch to send a signal to the board that the water is drained. (most likely your drain pump is bad or clogged) so you can kinda trick the machine to get the door open. remove the top number 1 by removing screws number 2 on the diagram . once the tops off look for this. pull the rubber hose connected to it and this will relieve the pressure. the door should unlock once you push cancel drain. see if that works.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Only 1 of 2 images are in the message. First one is blank so I don't what " top #1 is without a pic.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.