Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

kenmore goldspot model #10g55242400 not making ice

kenmore goldspot model #10g`55242400
not making ice
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look in at the ice maker, there are fingers that rotate to eject the ice out of the ice maker mold. Can you see those fingers and are they pointing to about the 2 oclock position?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No they are not. i cannot see the fingers but they feel ike they are daow n about 6 or 7 oclock
Thanks Dave, one last thing. Tape the door light switch so the lights are out. Watch for about 2 minutes, are the fingers rotating?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Its fixed I believe. I took off the plastic guard to check the position of the fingers. It looks lie apiece of that guard had been holding the fingers from rotating. there is now water in ther and the fingers are at 2 oclock
That is good, keep an eye on it for the next few hours just in case it trys to do something silly like start running water all over the place. If it dumps ice 3 or 4 times then it will more than likely be fine. Save this page to your favorites and if you need to return please do. My hours are 8 to 8 eastern time.