Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Im only getting 87 volts to the bake element in my Frigidaire

I'm only getting 87 volts to the bake element in my Frigidaire convection oven.... No visible burnt wires or shorts: I'm using Android so I can't use the chat format

Hi Michael, first I'm going to switch this from chat to Q&A and I also have to switch this from general to Appliance category so bare with me.

Okay now would you have the model number ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okay perfect. have you checked the thermal fuse yet to see if its tripped ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'll double check ... if its good what do I check next?
well your only getting half your voltage (actually a little less but lets find where its missing) check the voltage at the junction box also for 220 volts. your missing a side we need to know if your getting 220 to the oven.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Definatly have 220 to the terminal mounted on top the oven

okay did you double check the thermal fuse ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes continuity 100%
okay does the broil work right ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes. ..243v. ..... work for 20 seconds anyway
Try this shut the power off to the oven and remove the wire on the bake from the clock. isolate it with tape so it wont short then turn the power on and test for 120 volts comming from the clock. just put your black lead from meter to ground and the other on the terminal marked with an arrow, put the oven on bake and see if you get 120 volts graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Nope. ... no voltage
okay unfortunately the clock is bad. the real bad news is its showing no longer available. there is a place you can send this to have it rebuilt however. If you would like to check that the links below. the clock number is NNN-NN-NNNN heres the link. sorry for the bad news, thanks, Bryan