Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an LG DLE3777W dryer which is hardly drying my clothes.

I have an LG DLE3777W dryer which is hardly drying my clothes. I'm getting heat, but not enough. The "dry" light is blinking and the "cooling" light stays lit. This is true for every cycle. I've flipper the breaker, checked the vent (warm air is coming out of the back of the machine), unplugged the machine...basically everything to troubleshoot short of a repair.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Good afternoon, how hot would you say this gets ? like if you had this set on warm ? but not real hot inside or comming out the vent ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I set it on "high" and removed the vent from the back of the machine. I'd say the hottest it's getting inside the machine would be "ultra low"...if that. The temp inside the machine matches what's coming out the back. It's warm, but nearly what it should be for a "high" setting. What would normally take 1 cycle on high on "manual dry" now takes 4-5 cycles.
Okay what you need to replace is the thermistor . Thermistor 6323EL2001B Main Product Viewsince it does heat we know the heater is good but the thermistor is what senses and controls the temp. this is a cheap part at $10.10 and you can order it at the following link and theres also a video to show you step by step how to replace it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermistor/6323EL2001B/1268206?modelNumber=DLE3777W?RCAID=1000065 just click that blue link. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. I'm just writing back to make sure it's not a thermal fuse or a thermostat. I'd like to just open up the dryer once to make the repair.
well the thermistor is like a thermostat. it wouldn't be a thermal fuse is this machine . If the thermal fuse blew it wouldn't heat at all. so we know its heating to some degree so the thermal fuse is good.we replace these thermistors all the time. luckily their cheap. hope that helps, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I replaced the thermistor exactly like in the video. Put the machine back together and nothing has changed: dry light blinking, cooling light stays lit, air is warm but not hot. This is the same for all cycles.

Next suggestion?
Okay so the thermistor wasn't the issue thats strange its usually 90 % of the time. anyway . if its getting warm the heater should be fine but I would pull it and inspect it just the same. heres a video on how to test it with a volt meter. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Heating-Element-Assembly/5301EL1001A/1268157?modelNumber=DLE3777W if you don't have a volt meter Lowe's sells one for about $15.00.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would you please give me your next suggestion after the heater? It takes a long time to take the machine apart and put it back together and I'd like to try the next thing if it's not the heater.
Okay yes check the thermostat next . this one High Limit Thermostat 6931EL3001E     Main Product View here a link to testy that also. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/High-Limit-Thermostat/6931EL3001E/1268363?modelNumber=DLE3777W its the high limit but if its cutting out to early that can cause low heat also. if thats good most likely your control board has failed. that there is no test for unfortunately.