Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

Sharp Carousel Convection Microwave 900w - made a pop noise

Sharp Carousel Convection Microwave 900w - made a pop noise when starting and now nothing operates (including the display). Note that power is going to the Power Point.
Thanks for using this service. Please be logged in to rate my assistance when we are done. Rating 3-5 is good, but 1-2 is bad so talk with me first.

It sounds like you may have blown the internal fuse on the microwave. You would need to take the outer shroud off to see of the internal fuse is blown. There is a bus style fuse on most of those units. There may be something else wrong with it that caused the fuse to blow out on the unit. Also if you do take the outer shroud off take precaution to discharge the capacitor with a jumper wire to make sure it is not storing any high voltage.