Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have GE Microwave profile spacemaker2.0 Last year it stopped

I have GE Microwave profile spacemaker2.0 Last year it stopped working for a while twice and resumed working again on its own. This year about 3 weeks ago it stopped again and so far has not been working It is about 5 years old. Help Mary

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, Is the clock completely blank or is it working (digital part)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The clock is not working butit was before I unplugged it to see if the micro would work and then it didnt come on but the screen lights up when I open the micro door and close it it stays on for a few minutes and then goes blank I
okay I see, well you may be correct about the moisture but what it has done is make the smart board fail. basically shorted it. this is not unusual in these. the real problem is the cost. the smart board (not so smart) is $195.00 plus shipping. the microwaves today are so cheap to buy its cheaper to replace the microwave but thats up to you. Now Sears has the part in stock at this link. if you decide to fix this. the problem is this will probably happen again if you get moisture in the new board. these microwaves do that. normaly GE is a good microwave but not that model. I would consider replacing it. hope this helps. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would like to know why this happened twice before and corrected it by itself
I'm sorry I was off line. because the moisture it can sometimes dry out and work but can re occur and eventually kill the board. they had a lot of issue's with that.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my micro started to work again

thats great ! I hope it stays running. thanks for letting me know. Bryan