Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello, I have an Whirlpool refrigorator model # XXXXX

Customer Question

Hello, I have an Whirlpool refrigorator model # XXXXX I have changed the water filter but no water comes out, no ice is made. The select button is stuck on the ice setting, when I push the water button the lockout button and reset button flashes. I have pushed the reset button several times, holding it until it stopped flashing and it has done nothing. I have also turned off and on the door control panel along with unpluging the frig for several minutes and plugging it back in. It was a few weeks past due on thr filter change but I dont see why that should do something like this. Any thoughts or ideas would be great.

Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look in the fresh food section on both sides and put a piece of tape on the 2 door switches. If you try then does the dispenser work?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No tapibg the switches does nothing. The control panel on the ftont left door just above the ice/water dispenser is stuck on ice. When I push the water buttom the lockout led and filter replace led and the control panel power switch all light up . Is there a way for me to attatch pictures to aid my description to you?
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Some browsers will show a paperclip and you can upload here that way. If you do not see one you can upload the pictures to the website tinypic.com and paste a link here in the box where we type and I can then follow the link to the picture.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok so besides the picture?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, Barry has opted out, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you. The issue is the dispenser control board. (main control ) Main Control Board W10162500 Main Product View you will need to order and replace it. You can order this at the following link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/W10162500/1481129?modelNumber=GI5SVAXVL01?RCAID=1000065 this will take care of your issue, thanks and best wishes, Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Bryan , once I order the panel how do I access the inside the door to replace it ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

there are screws holding the dispenser cover in , they are number 6 on the diagram ,

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
remove the screws and slide the dispenser cover down (# 8 ) and that will give you access to the control.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok the diagram is helpful but there are no screws exposed. Do I have to pop off a cover somehow?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

is there any cover on the bottom that pops off to reveal the screws ? like pull number 4 out and they may be behind that ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I popped off #4, and have removed the two bottom screws. How does the rest of the panel face?
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
it looks by the diagrams like the face is hooked in and needs to slide down to remove.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The diagram seems to be for a different door but I will try.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay be careful, try pushing it down or up, it should slide one way to unhook.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, that does seem about fhe only way it can go.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay let me know if you get it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Bryan, this David again. I just replace the control module/panel/circuit board and have the same problem. That controler was 150.00, need some help here.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I'm really sorry to hear that. I'm stumped.that controls the functions of the dispenser and the only other thing I can think of would be the keypad overlay.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
send the control back and order that. heres the link to that. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Overlay/W10315984/1876560?RCAID=1000065 , sorry the control didn't work. repair clinic will take it back though.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well the place I ordered it from does not take returns on electrical parts, kinda stuck with it. I'll check the online site you posted.

Thanks
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
oh sorry David, thats why I sent you that link just in case. actually the price was lower also, I believe $119.00. let me know how you make out.