Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.

frigidaire front load washer model- FAFS427LR0, serial 4c11304745,main

frigidaire front load washer model- FAFS427LR0, serial 4c11304745,main control board lights bells whistles seem to be operational, when u start a cycle it would start and then code E58 which is high current on motor.i gambled and bought the computer, starts puts pumps water out puts water in and then nothing but the code doesnt appear like before. so the question is do the motor need replaced? thanks
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today. Does your washer go into high speed spin now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
no it does not tryed to rinse and spin first with no results then tried to run full cyclical with the same result water in and nothing with no code showing just time coming off timer as if it was operating properly
Try this, start it in a spin cycle and let it go for a minute. Make sure the door is locked then cancel the cycle and try to open the door immediately, if it opens then you have a bad door latch. It should not open for about 30 seconds or so. Below is a link to the latch.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
switch is working properly i had a hunch it may be the motor which that part of the code, i quessed that the motor was getting its read info from the computer, so what do u think about the motor?
Can you tell me which control board you purchased and installed? Part number I mean.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
dont have that info now i ordered from sears was the same board but had a substute number however u know as well as i these computer base junk they put out now u can't relie on it as repair man its dishearting to have to work on this junk. not the first time u cant put ur finger on whats wrong with some of this stuff, i always tell em to buy samsung or lg product. sorry fridare, ge, whirlpool, maytag, however when they start making a bettter product then even consumer reports with say so, u hate not being able to fix however sometimes it goes that way i not changing that motor would not put my reputation on the line on the change, ok im done venting thanks for ur advice
But it was the motor control board in the bottom, right?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
They yes it has to be the motor. I have posted a link to the motor if you would like to order one. They take back parts for 365 days no questions asked.