Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.

My Maytag Washer MAH6700A is stopping at several points in

My Maytag Washer MAH6700A is stopping at several points in the cycle with the nF signal. We took both the hoses off the back and ran water into a bucket and they were both fine. We then checked the filters to the washing machine and both appeared clear. I can restart the machine and sometimes it will finish up the load and other times will stop with the same signal once or twice. Can you help me figure out if this is something we will be able to fix, or if I should call a repairman out. We're partially competent and have made a couple of other repairs. If it's a part we can replace, please tell me what it is and a website we can order it from
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you today. Can you get me the rest of your model number and serial number off of your machine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You'll have to tell me where to find it. I've given you what I have from the technical manual
It is located at the bottom of the opening of the washer, or on the back of the unit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
serial 10634257
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
serial 10634257GN
Thank you for getting that. An nF code indicates that the washer is not filling. The first thing you need to check is if he inlet valve coils have continuity. There are two separate valves, one is a dual and one is a single. Check them and if they don't have continuity then that one is bad. I am here to walk you through anything you made need help with.
Below are links to the valves to purchase.

Single Valve
Dual Valve
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You'll have to tell me how to get to the valve coils
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How do I know if they're bad or not?
You need to check them for continuity with an ohm meter. They should all have 1100 ohms.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It may be an hour or more before we can get an ohm meter. Is that the only way to check them? If we have to have the ohm meter, may we keep this ticket open in the meantime?
Yes, that is the only way to check them. We can keep this ticket open. I will be gone for about an hour also.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Alan, I think we're finished and I just went ahead and ordered both parts. I also gave you an excellent rating. Please let me know if we're NOT finished.
Did you find any that did not read 1100 ohms?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, We decided to order both parts to be safe. Both hot and cold side.
Thank you for the excellent rating!!!