Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

ge monogram z1ss420dmass dispenser assembly out

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Nothing at the dispenser is working? What about the light?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The touch panel is completely dark nothing is working
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Eric, is your model stainless steel on the doors? Also do you have a volt meter?Before we get very far open the freezer door and hold the door light switch so the lights are out. Does the dispenser then start working while your holding that switch?

Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All lights are out both on the touch pad and dispensing light and will not dispense.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
There is a light switch inside the freezer at the top. Press that switch and while holding it try the dispenser.

Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No lights either on the display or underneath for dispensing
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 1 year ago.
This model has a display for setting the freezer and fresh food temperatures on the freezer door . Are these also not working ? Do jyou hear anything running on the fridge - fans inside , the compressor ? Do lights come on when you open the doors ?
Are you still there ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok im here I've held the light switch in the freezer with the door open and the dispenser doesn't work. The entire fridge is working correctly lights fan,freezer and fresh food temps are working and its making ice fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mine has the display for the freezer and fresh food inside the fridge on the top of the top shelf and all are working correctly. Lights come on and everything is working but the touch panel display and dispenser
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still there?
There are two components ,one of which is not working . The display board itself or the mother board. The mother board is located at the top where the compressor is located , behind a metal louvered grille. It is part number WR55X11109 and you can see a picture of it at www.repairclinic.com On this board there is a connector labeled J4 and it has 3 wires labeled 123. You need to see if you get 12 volts DC from the brown to the orange wire at this connector . If you don't get this DC voltage - the mother baord is defective. If this voltage is present then the display board is defective which is part number WR 55X11192.
Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.