Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

This is a Frigidaire dryer about 7 years old. Modle# XXXXX

This is a Frigidaire dryer about 7 years old. Modle# XXXXX After the unit initially heats up the first time a noise as a vibration ,seeming to originate at the heater shroud or motor. Can't tell which, begins and increases It is as soon as the heating element cycles off at about 174F degrees the motor amps increases .2 and at that point the noise begins. Amp draw is normal. The vent is clear . The unit has a good oiled pulley new slide and felts. The screws in the shroud are tight, and the blower housing is good. This is the third time I've seen this. Another time I change that customers motor to no avail. It seems as though it is drawing more current somehow after the element goes off. What can I do?
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came on line and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

Im sure you appreciate its difficult to try and diagnose a noise, like this, remotely.
However, is it possible that one of the panels is expanding with the heat and causing this?
Is something coming loose while its heating up?

Thanks
Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I don't think that is it. I have seen this three times and have even changed the motor before on another customers to no avail. It sounds almost like the heating element shroud heating up and vibrating. I've tightend the element and 4 shroud screws.
Hi Jamie

Sorry, ive never seen that, or heard it!

Ill opt out and maybe somebody else has heard of this.
if they have, you'll get a message from the site.
In the meantime, please DO NOT rate or reply to this message as this will lock your question

Thanks
Rob
Thanks for using this service. Are you still needing help on this>?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I've rechecked the dryer and the vibration like sound happens when the regulating thermostat goes off. I noticed it happens as the voltages increases from 233 to 240 and the motor amps increases from 3.5 to 3.9. then stops when the regulating stat kicks in the the volts and amps return to 233 and 3.5. I can then switch from high heat to air and IMMEDIATELY the noise returns. Does that help?