Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.

I have a Sharp Carousel microwave that has stopped working.

I have a Sharp Carousel microwave that has stopped working. The door no longer latches. I took the door off and a piece of plastic and the spring fell out. I have no idea where they were attached to; I can't tell where to glue in the piece of plastic back to; what/where to hook the spring to.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using this service.

You can not glue the piece back in it will not hold. You need to order a new latch kit from Global Micro Parts(NNN) NNN-NNNN The spring attaches to a small nub on the latch and then one on the frame to get it to pull the latch hooks down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I went to their web site but I don't see the plastic part. I understood the words you used but I still can't see where the spring attaches to the "nub" on the latch or on the frame. Do you know of a diagram or schematic?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
He didn't reply to my follow up so I'm not inclined to pay nor give him a higher than an average rating.
I went to the web site he suggested but I did't see the plastic part he said I could buy there. I understood the words he used but I still couldn't see where the spring attaches to the "nub" on the latch or on the frame. Do you know of a diagram or schematic?
The Sharp Microwaves are very cheap and that one is around $130 so there are not a lot of breakdown diagrams available as most times people just pitch them. If you call Global Micro parts, the guy that answers can tell you exactly where it goes as he would be one of the only people that will have the breakdown diagram for your unit. He is very good, I would give you a diagram, but Sharp diagrams are nearly impossible to come by as there are very few parts sellers for them. There was a site problem and I could not respond to you sooner, sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the explanation. I know computers can be a pain. But while your answer was helpful it really didn't solve my problem. But I want to be fair. How do you think I should proceed? I don't think I should pay for advice that didn't complete the task.

The only thing more I can do for you is show you a pic of the latch. You can see where the spring would go on the small hook there, Also I found a video that will show you it as well...even in the video the guy says it is hard to see, even on a diagram you would not see it as the little "nub hook on the frame is small". I think I have given you the most advice you would get to complete the task. CLICK HEREVIDEO....I only get credit for my time with an OK or higher rating and I have been in the business for a long time. This is the best advice anyone would give on this microwave with the issue you have. Please be fair thank you

Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience: Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.