Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hello, my GE Profile TCS18PADRBS refrigerator is getting less

Hello, my GE Profile TCS18PADRBS refrigerator is getting less and less cool, despite the fridge and freezer both turned up all the way. I removed the rear panel to find the copper piping running from the compressor to the fridge to be all iced over. Any assistance would be great, thanks.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good evening. thats not a good sign unfortunately. it means the sealed system is low on freon, the copper tube gets ice up at the compressor because theres not enough freon to push through the system. you would need an HVAC tech to recharge this and check for a leak. sorry for the bad news. I hope this info helps though. thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX can I find a reasonably priced HVAC tech and what should I expect to pay for such a job?

Thanks, Jeff

If you get me your zip code I'll check , For this job if its a simple leak and recharge your looking at about $200.00 thats with the refill of the freon.

Customer: replied 3 years ago. zip is 92116

this company has great standings and are five star so you can click this link to see the info and number to set up an appointment. I hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan