Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I had a power surge and outage last night. My Jenn Air SCE30500

I had a power surge and outage last night. My Jenn Air SCE30500 slide in oven control panel is blank and will not operate, but the range top eyes are working. There is a buzzing sound coming from what sounds like the rear of the unit.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today good evening, does the buzz sound like it comming from the control panel or more towards the bottom back ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

more towards the back I pulled out control board top left corner is discolored of display and looks like a small capacitol ?? has a small fluid leak

Okay so theres a blown capacitor on the back of this ? Oven Control Board 71002331 Main Product View give me a few minutes, I'll be right back.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I guess so, if I get the control repaired or replaced could there be other issues?

is it one of the ones arrowed ? graphic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes top left one

okay . Heres the real problem I'm having a real hard time finding the clock (control) its showing unavailable. give me a few more minutes, I'll be back shortly.
What I found was its no longer available new. I do have a place that rebuilds controls and they may have this in stock already rebuilt. heres the link. http://www.appliancetimers.com/index.php?page=db_timer_page&Timer_id=3559&Manufacturer=Jenn-Air&Appliance=Range-Stove-Oven&Model=71002331 the control number is XXXXX all the info is at the link for you to get a hold of them. they will probably take your in exchange and charge you for the rebuild only. I hope this helps, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could there be other issues because of the buzzing in the rear or should this fix it

No, Not if the control has a bad capacitor. Most likely the buzzing you hear is the control. have you listened to it with the back cover off ? does it sound like its comming from the control ? the buzz?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have disconnected it already maybe just sound traveling to rear of unit

Thanks

your very welcome, have a great night, please remember to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you, thanks, Bryan