Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an Amana Refer. Model #ABB1924DEB Ser.#12393189JA.

I have an Amana Refer. Model #ABB1924DEB Ser.#12393189JA. The Damper Control Part. #67003903 has been making noise so I ordered a new one and new Insulation Part.#PS1632339. Received both and opened the refer. took out the old part but the wiring is different on the new one. Question: Is there a patch cord to mate with the new and old or is there away to splice the old with the new?

Thanks...Keith Frutiger XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Submitted: 11 months ago via PartSelect.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

is this the new damper you have ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes and the insulation to go with it. FYI the new damper control is different than the old one.

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
is there a part number on the old damper ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes and it is the same as the new one 67003903. FYI the new damper and insulation will fit because I tried it to make sure but the wiring is different.

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
okay I have the wiring diagram up. there should be a plug that will plug directly into the motor on the damper then you will have three wires, 1 yellow/red 1 blue/red and one black. is that correct ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
okay they have this patch cord I believe you need for that unless this is the one thats in your refrigerator now. is it ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Your the MAN...that is exactly what I need...this is an old refer. and the last time this part was replaced was 2007...which means the part has been changed. Can you give me the part number?

Expert:  Bryan replied 11 months ago.
sure, Manufacturer Number 67005162, I'm glad we found that ! have a great day. Thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.