Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an Amana Refer. Model #ABB1924DEB Ser.#12393189JA.

I have an Amana Refer. Model #ABB1924DEB Ser.#12393189JA. The Damper Control Part. #67003903 has been making noise so I ordered a new one and new Insulation Part.#PS1632339. Received both and opened the refer. took out the old part but the wiring is different on the new one. Question: Is there a patch cord to mate with the new and old or is there away to splice the old with the new?

Thanks...Keith Frutiger [email protected]

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

is this the new damper you have ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes and the insulation to go with it. FYI the new damper control is different than the old one.

is there a part number on the old damper ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes and it is the same as the new one 67003903. FYI the new damper and insulation will fit because I tried it to make sure but the wiring is different.

okay I have the wiring diagram up. there should be a plug that will plug directly into the motor on the damper then you will have three wires, 1 yellow/red 1 blue/red and one black. is that correct ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay they have this patch cord I believe you need for that unless this is the one thats in your refrigerator now. is it ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your the MAN...that is exactly what I need...this is an old refer. and the last time this part was replaced was 2007...which means the part has been changed. Can you give me the part number?

sure, Manufacturer Number 67005162, I'm glad we found that ! have a great day. Thanks, Bryan