Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

The metal strip in between the doors of my refrigerator is

The metal strip in between the doors of my refrigerator is very very hot, this is the only place on the fridge that is like this what could be causing this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Go around behind the refrigerator and remove the lower rear cover. I think you will find the fan there not running. Put a window fan there to get some air flow back there through and underneath the refrigerator. Once you get that done let me know if the fan is in fact operating?

Also can you tell me if the refrigerator is still cooling normally in both sections?

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok the fan is in place. I do not hear a fan other than the one I just put there.

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX refrigerator still cooling normally?

Barry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

cooling is normal it is just the strip in between the doors

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX still typing the answer for you. Just a few more minutes, there is a video to help change the motor and I am getting that link for you as well.

Barry
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
What you will need to do is wait for a few hours, that strip should cool but not cold. It should be warm but not hot. Hot is bad. If it continues cooling normally and the strip cools then go ahead and get a new fan motor and replace it or get someone you know to replace it. Its not complicated but does involve removing some screws and a changing a few wires. There is a video to help you just below.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO.

You can get the part yourself locally at a local appliance parts store or a Sears may have it. Give them a call and ask for part number(NNN) NNN-NNNNor if you wanted to order it online I have that linked below for you as well.

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Condenser-Fan-Motor/W10124096/1378525?RCAID=1000064

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Thanks,
Barry
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.