The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a Frigidaire "Affinity" front load washing machine.

I have a Frigidaire "Affinity" front load washing machine. It is plugged in and it will not turn on. I have unplugged it for fifteen minutes, plugged it back in and still no lights will go on
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

What is the model number of your unit, please?

It is located on the manufacturers label on the unit behind the door.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

FAFW3517KWI

Does your unit have a digital display?

Most likely a internal fuse has blown. I will know for sure once I look at the schematic.

Jeff, does your unit have a digital display?

It doesnt matter, Jeff.

If you have voltage to the J14 connector (see below) at the main control board then the board is going to be the problem.

Replaceing it will get you back up and running.

Please click here to order the new board.

graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A. How could this have happened?

$124.71 +S&H.

How it happened I do not know. It could have been an electrical surge, a bad component on the board, an insect bridging critical electrical components, or many more reasons. Without inspecting the board I cant say. Even then I may not be able to tell you exactly what caused it to go out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

How difficult is it to change out? I assume it is on the back of the washing machine.

Actually it is on the front and isnt that hard to change out. Give me a few and Ill upload the instructions for you.

Please click here to download th service manual for your unit.

Start by removing the top. A few screws along the back and it sides back and off. Remove the detergent drawer by the safety catch lever (at the top of the pull handle space) and pulling it out.

Now go to page 72 of the manual and just follow the instructions from there.

If you have any questiuons you may return here and ask all the followup questions you like. I will be here to answer them.

Please be sure to rate my service before you log off tonight. Rating my service will not close your question.

Thank you.

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances