The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a Maytag Gemini oven Model#MGR6875ADS. The oven beeps

I have a Maytag Gemini oven Model#MGR6875ADS. The oven beeps spontaneously. The clock works but the control buttons do not respond when pressed. What is the problem? Do I need a new control panel?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
Is the unit displaying any error codes?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No. The clock is working properly

Okay, thank you.
Please try the procedure below (last paragraph) and see if any error codes are stored in the units memory.
Please write down any error codes displayed and post them here.

graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Don't know if I did this right. I pressed the autoset pad for 3 seconds. Beeps but no numbers displayed

Sorry I should have explained it better.

What you need to do is go to your homes breaker panel and turn off the power to the unit. Wait a minuet and then turn it back on.

This should be done by two people. One to operate the breaker switch and one to press the button when the breaker is turned back on.

As soon as the power is restored to the unit THEN press the button for three seconds.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK. Did this; pressed autoset pad; beeps and nothing else happened

Okay. Please allow me a few minuets to look something up for you. Im pretty sure that it is going to be a control board issue, but considering th ecost of the board I want to be sure.

Thank you for your patience.

Sorry for the wait.

The control board and key pads are now one part. I was going to have you test the key pads, but that isn't necessary if you can't get them separately any more.

Please click here to order the new control board.

NOTE: I use this parts site because you can return electronic components after they have been installed. Just a bit of insurance just in case the part does not fix the problem.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you think I can install this part by myself?

Sure do!

Electronic Clock

1. Disconnect power before servicing.

2. Remove vent deflector by removing screws located on

the underside of the control panel.

3. Remove screws securing backguard panel to

backguard housing. (Screws are located on the

bottom and back side of control panel.)

4. Lift control panel up, tilt forward, and lay panel on a

protected surface of the maintop for servicing.

5. Remove screw securing mounting plate to backguard.

6. Disconnect wiring and remove control.

7. Reverse procedures to reassemble.

If you have a problem with any of the steps just let me know and I will walk you through it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think I can do this myself but my husband wants to know if he can call you later when we get the part and speak to you

You can always return here and ask follow up questions. I have had customers return years later ands ask follow up questions.

Rating my service does not close your question.

Save the URL below and it will bring you right back here. I will be here to help with any additional concerns you may have. =)

http://www.justanswer.com/appliance/7rb18-maytag-gemini-oven-model-mgr6875ads-oven-beeps.html

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances