Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Hi: I have a Maytag stacked washer dryer. The dryer is working

Hi: I have a Maytag stacked washer dryer. The dryer is working fine, the washer stopped working with water and clothes inside and the drum part is moving more than
usual. Do you have the least expensive way for me to get it repaired?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker just inside the dryer door.

Also, what do you mean "the washer stopped working with water and clothes inside"? Can you explain a bit more? Do you get any response on the controls? Any indicator lights still light up? Is the door locked shut?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK found the model # XXXXX dryer, LSG7806AAE

No response on the controls door is not locked shut. I have taken the clothes out of the drum. Dont see indicator lights lighting up. The washer

did not start when I pulled the dial to start the way it normally does.

OK perfect, thank you for all that added information. On this particular unit, if nothing is working and it's full of water and not draining or spinning, then either your lid switch assembly or your fuse has failed. Either way the fuse goes bad due to the lid switch assembly failing so you need to replace both at the same time and both parts come as one kit. Below is a link to the kit you'd need to order and replace.

Accessing the parts is rather difficult. To access the fuse, just remove the 2 screws at the bottom of the front panel. The front panel will then pull forward, up, and off. The fuse is mounted just around the right or left corner of the washer side panel where the wires run up from the motor to the top of the washer. The lid switch assembly is mounted to the back of the top panel (underneath the washer top panel) and is really hard to access because the tub is in the way. Either way, this assembly is the part that needs to be replaced to get your washer up and running again.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I need to have someone do this work, do you have someone to come

and fix the problem, otherwise I will have to call a plumber. Have you already charged me on my visa $30.00? If I have to hire a plumber I

think they can get the parts for me. This is getting expensiv....

Actually you wouldn't want to call a plumber, they can not fix your washer. You'll need an appliance repair person. As for places that can repair your washer, below is a link you can enter in your zip code to see who is authorized in your area.

CLICK HERE for servicer

Unfortunately repairs are not always inexpensive and often times parts need to be replaced. I wish it were something that you could just reset, but if opening and closing the lid didn't fix the problem, then you will need this kit replaced.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have we been charged

I believe so yes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not want to pay for this $30. I didn't need to pay $30 to find out I

need a part. I need someone to fix the problem here at my house. I

will call my bank to cancel this charge unless I hear from you that the charge has

been cancelled Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX fault, I was hoping Maytag would be

sending a repair person from your company.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I hope you understand I can't control how your washer fails, I can only give you information on what needs to be done to repair your appliance. That's what we do here at We are experts and have real life experience fixing these machines. You are paying for our time we are giving you so that you can speak one on one with a professional and know exactly what is going on with your appliance.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please will you give me the tel. # XXXXX Maytag customer service to cancel

the $30.00 I am not satisfied, not with you but the policy

Maytag's phone number is XXXXX
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have called my bank and they will reverse this charge once it has been

posted. I thought you were Maytag and you are independent company

I wanted a repair person, instead I'm charged $30 and now have to

pay a repair man for the same thing. This is a scam, not your fault but

this is v;ery misleading and I don't intend to pay twice.

Yes, we are a different company, but we never claim to be Maytag either. It's definitely not a scam, the repairman will charge you 2-3 times what we charge to come out and tell you what we charge for a fraction of the cost. I'm sorry you were confused.