Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Washer model FTF530FS broken spider arm on inner tub,made banging

Washer model FTF530FS broken spider arm on inner tub,made banging noise on last fast spin Bearing on rear outter tub looks ok. Should it be changed anyway Washer in use for six years

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, the problem with changing the bearing is you have to replace the whole rear drum which I'm sure your aware. the bearing only come installed in the drum. If the bearing is still good and the shaft fits snuggly without play I would try the new inner tub and see how it feels, if theres no play it should be fine. If you need to replace it heres a link to the part. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan