Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Jenn Air JMV8208DB00 microwave oven (over the stove

I have a Jenn Air JMV8208DB00 microwave oven (over the stove model).

When the door is closed, power seems to be cut to the unit (display is dark).

Upon opening the door (after appx .5 - 1 second) the compartment light comes on and the control panel/display lights up, then prompts to set the time. If I leave the door open, I can complete the time setting / first time set up procedure.

When the door is closed again, the display goes blank and the process repeats (open door, power comes back on after brief pause).
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today. The most common cause for an issue like that would be one of the door interlock switches is bad. Interlock Switch AMI2033 Main Product Viewyou would need to test them and see however with a volt meter, heres a link to a video that shows you how to test them. Video
most likely one is bad, If none are bad (theres three) then the control smart board is bad. that would run more than replacing the microwave however. the switches are number 15 and 16 on this diagram. I hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you suggest a source describing disassembly/access to the switches? I've got a multimeter and I'm comfortable that I can check the switches.

if you remove number 9 (the vent along the top ) there will be a screws holding the control bracket number 3 in. take the screw out and slide the control up and it will hinge out (there are usually hinges at the bottom) once thats done the switches are on the left side where the door shuts.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you - I'll give that a try.

your very welcome, thanks and best wishes thanks , Bryan