Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

Hey guys Maytag COnquest side-by-side. GS5SHAXNB00. Not

Customer Question

Hey guys

Maytag COnquest side-by-side. GS5SHAXNB00. Not getting ice. I have 2 flashes from the LED, then pause. I had researched earlier in the week, and just replaced optics boards about 3-4 hours ago, still no ice. The ice arms are in the 5 oclock position. There is ice in the tray. Is it new ice maker time?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for choosing our service.

If you push the lever on the left keeping your hand and arm low the light should turn solid. Is that happening? If you do not get this sequence unplug the refrigerator for at least 5 minutes and try again

CLICK TO ENLARGE

graphic
View Full Image
Are the ejector blades in the ice maker pointing in the direction as the picture below, I am understanding lower than that?

Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Barry,

OK - I put in new optics board 3-4 hours ago, and 5 mins later, had the 2 blink deal. I powered off fridge at that point, and waited 20 mins. Plugged back in and got same thing (2 blink, pause).

In answer to your questions -

I just verified 2 blinks pause with the left side switch up, and solid red with the left side switch down. I pulled power on the fridge, and it is in time out for 5 minutes right now, per your other check.

The ejector blades are not up and visible, they are down around the 5PM position, below the level of the holes where the ice comes out.

I am waiting a few to send back to you to let you know the 5 minute test outcome.

OK just put power back on it, and now when door is open, i have no blinking led, regardless of the left side switch status

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
I understand, thank you. Tape the door light switch in the freezer so the lights are off, just in case the door is not hitting it deep enough. Wait about 5 minutes to see if those ejector blades have moved, if they do not move then the the ice maker module is bad. That is the bad part and contains all of the moving parts of the ice maker.

The module is the tan part under the white end cap. Unplug the refrigerator. Follow the instruction sheet below.

CLICK TO ENLARGE

graphic

You will then have the ice maker out. Remove the endcap in the picture below.

Remove the wire connector from the ice maker, then remove the old module. That is the tan part under the end cap with the 3 phillips head screws.

Install the new module and then put the wire connector back in last just before putting on the end cap.

Once you get everything together plug the refrigerator cord into the wall outlet and turn everything on. The ice maker will cycle when it gets cold.
The part number is XXXXX And one place that has it online is located just below. There is a year warranty and a no questions asked return policy.

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Control-Module/W10190935/1469018?RCAID=1000064

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey Barry -

Quick follow-up. I have an older fridge (Amana TPI21A3W) with a very similar ice maker. The fridge has been working for years (since we put in the Maytag), but I have not had the icemaker hooked up. (Laundry room fridge). So, is there any issue with swapping out that ice maker for the one in the maytag? Other than that plastic shelf the maytag icemaker is mounted to, they look like identical icemakers for the most part. Wiring harnesses are different connectors, but control module and ice maker body are the same. Will that work?

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Yes they will swap if the tan module looks like the one you have. There is only one of those made. Amana, Maytag, Whirpool, Kemore, and Kitchenaid all use that same module. Just be sure that after you install the module that you lock in the wire connector into the module after its screwed in where it belongs. Put the wire in last. There are contacts inside of that connector that are easily bent and if you put it in last you will not bend it.

No need to accept or rate my answer here.

Thanks,
Barry