Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My refrigerator will not cool

My refrigerator will not cool

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you get me the full model number so I can better assist you ? thanks .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay perfect. Now obviously you know something about testing but you didn't mention whether you tested for 120 volts to the compressor I imagine you did however. does the compressor start at all ? or is it cold ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes it starts for a few seconds every couple minutes.
okay.usually on this refrigerator the start relay is the I know you tested the run capacitor but the relay is most likely the culprit. can you remove it and shake it ? they show several different relays for these because they had issue's with them and changed them during production so I'm not sure which one is in yours. this one ? Relay and Overload Kit W10189190       Main Product Viewthis one ? they also had others they used, can you tell me which relay you have ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ted 115/127v 60 hz(NNN) NNN-NNNNEcon jelled XXXXXXXXX 24 sept 07(NNN) NNN-NNNN20
Embraco(NNN) NNN-NNNN01 445kfbyy -53ffr7l
Thats the compressor but how about the relay ? is it one of the ones pictured above ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Those numbers came off the relay it looks a lot like both relays! More like the top with the shaft to hold capacitor but it is black
okay like this one ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okay perfect, they stopped using that one because of failure but your ended up with one anyway. you need to replace it with the gray one I showed you above. the reason the compressor doesn't keep running is these overheat and kick the overload off. Heres a link to order it . Relay this will take care of the issue. if by chance it doesn't it means the compressor has failed unfortunately. if that turns out to be the case they will take the relay back no questions asked even if you installed it. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Does it take the same capacitor?
yes , you can just slide the capacitor off the old relay and slide it on the new one. it just plugs right into the new relay.