Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

I have a Frigidaire wall oven. Recently I ordered and replaced

I have a Frigidaire wall oven. Recently I ordered and replaced the heating element used for baking. My oven still does not work. I hear clicking sounds as if it trying to come on. Some times the elelement will come on but not on long enough to bake anything. Model # XXXXX and Serial # XXXXX What could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

If the broil element is working normally the clock is bad and needs to be replaced. The one below is white, please let me know if I have the wrong color. Also be sure to turn the power off to the stove before changing the timer. Click below.

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Control-Board/9030919051/1261932?modelNumber=FEB24S2ASB?RCAID=1000064

Thanks,
Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE
graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

This is the oven I have and it is white in color.

Is this a fairly simple task that can be completed by someone with

little or no experience in appliance repair?

What tools would be needed to change the timer?

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Della, you access it from top front. I believe on your model the top trim part will snap off (arrowed blue). Then you can access the screws from the top and bottom of the trim arrowed green and that should get you into the control.

You need basic handtools. Usually a phillips and flat screwdriver. Something to remove 5/16ths and 1/4 hex head screws. Maybe a pair of needle nose pliers. Your really do not need a lot of tools. Change the wire connections from one timer to the other timer one at a time so nothing gets mixed up. Be sure the power is off to the stove. Its really not very complicated, the first time I did one I didn't have any trouble.

Thanks,
Barry

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Expert:  Barry G. replied 1 year ago.
Della I editted my answer up there. I copied and pasted it below, I do not think that you got to see it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
access it from top front. I believe on your model the top trim part will snap off (arrowed blue). Then you can access the screws from the top and bottom of the trim arrowed green and that should get you into the control.

Thanks,
Barry

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.