Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

I needed to replace the thermostat in my freezer but the replacement

I needed to replace the thermostat in my freezer but the replacement part I recieved has an additional wire to it. The instructions on the internet says it is to be fished through to the back outside of the unit when you pull the old wire through and then wrapped around the wires with only a cap applied to it. Does this have to be done? If so, how do I get it from the inside to the outside, since my original one does not have the extra wire?
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Can you tell me the part number that was on the package you recieved so I can get a look at it.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the part i received was R0161088 which was suppose to replace PS2167866

Thanks for waiting. There is no purpose there I see for doing that. You can cap that wire with the plastic end cover and put it in the freezer somewhere so it will not be vibrated and rubbed on and that should be fine. Or seal the end with some really good tape.

This thermostat is for the evaporator fan and the defrost. If you were having this problem that should take care of it.

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Thanks,
Barry