Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

Hi. I have an Amana ABL2037FES refrigerator. The freezer

Customer Question

Hi. I have an Amana ABL2037FES refrigerator. The freezer is working fine, but the fridge is barely cold. I've been trying to do some of the troubleshooting suggested on line, but not getting anywhere. The inside rear wall of the freezer has a layer of frost on it, but other than that, I can't see anything unusual.

Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 1 year ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Sorry you are having this problem today..If you open the freezer door are you able to hear the fan inside the freezer running..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Yes, the fan is running.

Ok great thanks for checking that out..The fridge cools from the freezer..It does not have its own cooling source..As long as the fan is running inside the freezer..You have frost buildup on the inside back wall..This means you have a defrost problem..Behind that back wall is where the evaporator coil ..The defrost heating element and the freezer bi Metal (thermostat) is located...If the defrost circuit is not working then the evaporator coil becomes blocked with frost /Ice..Which means the air will not flow through the coils to cool the fridge..The freezer will stay cool somewhat..On this unit the most common problem would be the control board located inside the control panel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Great, thanks. XXXXX likely need to replace the control panel?

What you would need to do is remove the back INSIDE wall..Then test the heating element..The bi metal...And also the thermistor..All located behind the back wall..But like i said..99 % of the time with this unit the board # XXXXX will be faulty.

graphic
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Here is a repair kit which includes the bi metal Also...Thanks for your rating Have a great day Bob

CLICK HERE FOR PART