Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a model ED5SHAXMQ10 side by side refer/freeze. Neither

I have a model ED5SHAXMQ10 side by side refer/freeze. Neither the Ice maker or the water dispenser work. I removed the solenoids and tested them and they are operational, it appears I am not getting the voltage to operate. I cannot find a schematic for this model and I do not know how to remove the door panel to check the switches. Any help is appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you! When you push the levers, do you hear the switch clicking? Does the dispenser light work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dispenser light is working, Ice dispenser is working (filled with store bought cubes) If I had a schematic and knew how to take the dispenser panel off I could check the switches. I'm not sure if I hear the switches or the plastic lever when pushing the water dispenser.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
At the bottom of the front dispenser facade (number 21) are two slots for a flat screwdriver. Once that is pried loose, the facade will lift up and allow full access to the switches behind it. I suspect you will find the bracket (number 15) will have a broken peg or two that holds the switches in place, not allowing the dispenser lever to actuate the switch. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are correct that the switch bracket that keeps the switch from pushing away is broken so I obviously need #15. Now, would this also keep the ice maker from filling with water?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
No, that would not affect the ice maker, so let's address that now. Referring to the picture below, what do you see?

graphic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Steady red with door open, ice bin door closed and hand not blocking sensor when pushed in. Hose is somewhat soft, no water has been flowing since I unplugged it for several hours and cleaned it, I was assuming the door was left ajar and froze the line. The ejector tabs are lowered/down.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
That would be the problem, the ejector blades. The module is broken on the front of the ice maker and will need to be replaced. To access that for replacement, remove the screw at the RH underside of the ice maker and remove the plastic connector cover. You can then slide the ice maker out and unplug it. The module is under the white cover on the LH side of the ice maker. Both parts that you need are available below, nice work! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

Control Bracket $14.00 <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Module <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Repair Video <----- CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE MODULE REPLACEMENT VIDEO

Thank you for allowing me to assist you! I am happy to answer any follow up questions you may have at no additional charge. I appreciate your positive feedback rating!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can move the ejector arms approx. 1/2 turn before it stops. is this normal or is this the problem? Either the motor or plastic gear?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
If you pull the white cover off the ice maker, you will see, in the center of the large white gear, two plastic tabs that hold the gear tight to the module. On the back of the gear is a metal contact ring that requires the gear be held firmly in place to create a good connection between the points from the module. One of those tabs will be broken, allowing the large, white gear to pull forward and contact broken.
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience: Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!