Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Freezers is working fine but the refrigerator is not maintaining

Freezers is working fine but the refrigerator is not maintaining temperature.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Regardless of whether you're getting an error code or not, something is wrong with your defrost system or the fan motor. Make sure the fan above the silver coils inside your refrigerator is running. To check, remove the back panel to see the fan blade and then shut the door. Open the door quickly and see if the fan blade is moving. Most likely it will be running, but if not--replace the fan motor. Other than that, I would recommend replacing the 2 sensors behind the back panel inside the freezer. These two sensors are known for failing. One sensor determines is a safety device where it cuts the heater off if it thinks the freezer is too hot. The other sensor is a defrost sensor and it tells the refrigerator when to stop defrosting or to not defrost at all. Below is a link to both parts.

CLICK HERE for defrost sensor

CLICK HERE for heater cut out

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!