Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Need to get doors off model KEBS277X

Need to get doors off model KEBS277X
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

when you open the door look on the hinge. is there a hole in it you can put a nail through to hold the hinge in the open position ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not a hole in the hinge itsel but there is a gap between the two metal parts of the hinge when the oven door is half open
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay. are there little flip over locks for the hinges on this one ? I am trying to find the hinge picture with the hinge open but no luck yet. bare with me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think so, the hinge is two pieces alongside each other. The outside piece may be a lock but even with WD40 it won't move forward. We are trying to remove this double wall oven to replace it
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

okay Is this to heavy for you to remove with the doors attached ? the whole oven will come out without removing the doors but its heavy. have you remove the screws going into the cabinet through the sides when you open the doors ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, can't get enough grip to remove due to weight. Tried after removing all screws
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay these doors are supposed lift right off the hinges. they slide up and off. check for screws on the door itself if they wont slide off. the problem is be careful because the hinges will snap back in against the oven when the door comes off.don't catch anyones or your hands in them. you wont have to worry about damage because your replacing the oven. can you try that ? just open the door a couple of inches and slide it up. will it come up ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Worked. thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
oh thats great ! Please remember to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you . thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.