Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Amana refrigerator and Im trying to replace the secondary

I have a Amana refrigerator and I'm trying to replace the secondary water valve. I need to know which water lines go where.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

Can I get the complete model number

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DO you know which hose is which? Like which one is coming from the primary and which one is the ice maker?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If there is any way we can do this over the phone I think it would be much easier. XXX-XXX-XXXX

No it has to be done online, company policy, anyhow do you see the one line that comes from the primary valve? THis one goes to the on side of the secondary valve that sets off by itself, let me know when you are done...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is that the line that comes from inside the frig?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I got that, next easiest one to see is the line comming from the ice maker

that hose should be smaller than the other one you have, correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you look at the valve they will only go on the correct one. put on the correct one

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok I see that now. I think that's all I need. Thanks for the help.

No problem

Please rate my service before leaving?