Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

SHE6AF06UC/03 DISHWASHER error code e24 water pumps out fine

SHE6AF06UC/03 DISHWASHER error code e24 water pumps out fine no clog.Error code comes up after running a minite or so then machine stops.

Jon :

hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Bosch service tech and I can help you today.

Jon :

the e24 error is for a blocked or clogged drain or impeller failure.

Jon :

so on your machine the dishwasher will drain just fine?

Jon :

but the error will come up after only a minute in a wash cycle? is that correct?

Customer:

yes

Jon :

ok.

Jon :

have you had a power surge or outage recently?

Customer:

no

Jon :

ok.

Jon :

and how did you try to reset the controller?

Jon :

and did you check and clear the filters inside the dishwasher?

Customer:

canceled then restarted.Cleaned filters.

Jon :

sometimes you can get this error if the filter is either clogged a bit and obstructing the way the water is drained out of the machine or if the filter is removed completely.

Jon :

ok. sorry just got your last post now.

Jon :

if you have checked the filters and there was nothing there great. now lets reset the controller properly and see if that helps. if it doesnt and you still get the same error again, then you will need to replace the controller.

Jon :

to reset the controller on this machine all you need to do is either unplug it, if you can get to the plug, or flip the circuit breaker to the machine for about five minutes then turning it back on again.

Jon :

try that now and see if that works for you. after reseting the board try another regular cycle and start it up. if it runs without the error then you are good to go. if the error comes back then you are getting a false error from the controller and it needs to be replaced.

Jon :

are you still with me?

Customer:

I have already tried unpluging for 5 mimutes.What about the sensor in the pump

Jon :

what sensor in the pump are you referring to?

Jon :

The turbidity sensor?

Customer:

what sensor tells it the water has not pump out.

Jon :

there is no sensor that specifically tells it the water has not pumped out. the turbidity sensor will sense how dirty the water is in the main sump pump.

Jon :

this unit works off a timed drain cycle. so if after the alloted time for a drain cycle if the controller senses the water left in the machine it will bring up the fault.

Customer:

This has been going on for several months but couldbe corrected by resarting but not anymore

Jon :

if the turbidity sensor was failing you would get another error or fault code for that

Jon :

yes. that is indicative of a shorted controller. the relay that controlls the drain is failing and not sensing correctly. it is common.

Jon :

especially if the dish is draining just fine.

Jon :

you need to replace the main controller

Customer:

thanks

Jon :

no problem.

Jon :

that is what i am here for.

Jon :

do you have any other questions for me now?

John,

Thank you again for the positive rating. It was my pleasure helping you today. Please get back to me here at any time if you have more questions and I will help you more for no additional charge.

I would also recommend getting the controller from www.repairclinic.com if you can. They will accept returns on any parts even electrical ones that have already been installed. And I am not saying that you will need to return the part it is just better knowing that you have option to return if it you want to.

Please let me know how you make out.

Thanks again.