Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.

I have an Electrolux EDV605 dryer and the drum wont turn. The

I have an Electrolux EDV605 dryer and the drum wont turn. The operator panel is normal and the door swith is working. The belt is okay and I can not hear any hum at all from the motor.

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This may be the capacitor that starts the motor.

Look carefully and see if it has bulged or blown

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Rob,

I checked the capacitor visually and it appears okay. The motor is not trying to start at all. No humming noise.

I no longer require the answer to fix this dryer because I have found the receipt and it is still under warranty.

Thanks for your help.