Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

i have a 6 year old ge dishwasher model number:gsc3200j01bb. the

i have a 6 year old ge dishwasher model number:gsc3200j01bb.
the motor does not run but it will energize as i turn the dial. water will trickle in at the start setting. any sugestions?
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I'm not sure what you're exactly stating? Do you have two problems? Is the pump not running? Or is the tub not filling up with enough water? or both?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i would say both.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so start the dishwasher and wait 5 minutes, open the door and does the entire floor of the dishwasher get covered in a thin layer of water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK then you do not have a water supply problem, your water is fine.

That means you have a problem with your pump. If you turn the dishwasher to drain, does it drain out the water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no. are you still there?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
yes, I asked you a question about 10 minutes ago but I never heard back. I said:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK perfect. The only difference between wash and drain is that the pump activates a solenoid to move a flap and re-direct the water out of the washer instead of recirculating. So if it won't work on wash or drain, then that means you have a bad pump and motor. Now you can remove the pump and motor and see if you find anything stuck inside the pump jamming it, but other than that, you'd need ot order and replace the pump and motor assembly which has been slightly re-designed to fix this issue. The part is about $140 and it requires you to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it on it's back to replace it. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can you give me some detailed instructions on how to remove the pump on this particular model?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Below is a video that shows you exactly how.

CLICK HERE

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.