Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a kenmore laundry center, used 2 years old. Model #

I have a kenmore laundry center, used 2 years old. Model # XXXXX Is this a 125 or 240 v unit and how would I house wire for this unit (new work)

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

This is a 240 volt unit, if it wsn't you would have had a regular plug on it, If this is new work are you using a 3 wire or a 4 wire outlet to run it..?

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The manual says it is a 125 v system, and shows a regular plug in the picture can you explain this I was using a 3 wire outlet but I can use a four wire if neccessary My electricain THINKS it is a 125v unit
Does the block on the rear of the unit look like this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Block is wired with a red/white/black on top of block 3 wire coming into bottom Image is different as it is 3 wire in/out of block
This is a 240 volt unit, as it is an electric dryer and not gas, if it was a gas dryer it would be 120 volts. here are the 2 types of wiring depending if you are using 4 wire or 3 wire..

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to wire with a 10-3 wire show. Please show me a wiring diagram from the plug to the breakers.

I just want to make sure that the manual says that it's a 125 volt unit. I just want to make sure I wire it correctly.

Thanks.

I am sure that is a 240 volt dryer and washer. Unless you gave me the wrong model number. the second and the fourth pictures I sent show the correct wiring..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Perhaps the manual is wrong, I did give you the right model # I will use the four wire in image 3 I just wonder why the manual was written wrong. Being an expert in your field, is this common? Thank you for your help in this matter. I did not want to have any problems as you might imagine.
The manual can be for the electric or the gas model dyer, If it was a gas dryer it would be 110 volt and no electrician would be needed. Happens all the time in my line of work