John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a kitchenaid dishwasher model kude03ft. Due to a leak,

I have a kitchenaid dishwasher model kude03ft. Due to a leak, I just replaced the diverter motor and sump assembly but water is still leaking from where the diverter motor enters the sump. Is there something else I should be doing to seal where the diverter motor enters the sump?
Hi I,m John I will help you with the leak problem .
After replacing the diverted motor and sump it should not leak as both parts are new .
Is the rubber O ring sitting properly on the devouter pump ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did not see an o ring on the old diverter motor or the new one.

Try putting a bead of Silicone around the motor this should stop the leak .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did read that someone used silicone but the reason I purchased a new motor plus the sump is that both together would form a perfect factory seal. Any idea why this did not work.

The only thing I can see is a flaw in the sump it does happen .
Why a poor rating , its not my fault the sump has a flaw and Silicone has to be used to do the repair, try sending the sump back for a replacement .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
I would like another opinion. Appliance doctor suggested an o ring was a part of the assembly which it does not appear to be. It would be nice to see if another expert could provide some more information.
Thanks for using this service. I am a different tech

The sump is suppose to include the diverter motor seal. They had a lot of problems with this and they may have sent you a defective one or one without the seal at all. The part number you need to get the seals is this one CLICK HERE. If you received that one you have a defective one or one that did not have the seals with it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I did purchase from parts select the pump housing PS2329328. Is this different from the one you mentioned?

Its the same as you ordered but if no motor seal send it back for an exchange .
A new sump and motor should not leak .
This link shows a package of seals with the sump and motor , so you did get the replacement sump and motor but without the seals .
http://www.apwapplianceparts.com/Store_Part.aspx?Id=685952
John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the link http://www.apwapplianceparts.com/Store_Part.aspx?Id=685952 ) but it shows the pump motor assembly with hose clamps. My problem was with the diverter motor fitting securely into the sump assembly.
++You should have gotten seals with the parts as shown in the picture .

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

If you want to deal with appliance doctor that is fine, you had relisted the question for a second opinion. Still the information is not correct that I have read so far, but you have already rated appliance doctor for the help he has supplied. If you wish to continue with me please rate my answer or I will assume you would like to continue with appliance doctor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did not realize that by rating the appliance doctor that it would prevent you from receiving some of the funds. I would like to give you an excellent rating because your response was more accurate and helpful but it would require me to pay an additional $30. I am a first time user of this service and it's a little unclear as to how things work. I ordered a new sump which will arrive Friday. If I need more help, I'll be asking for your assistance.