Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a side by side refrigerator/freezer, Frigidaire, model

I have a side by side refrigerator/freezer, Frigidaire, model FRS23BH5CQ0, the refrigerator freezes food at any setting. I need some advice about this problem.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, this is a very common problem with these refrigerators, The control which has the damper that opens and closes to control the temp has failed. Temperature Control Thermostat(NNN) NNN-NNNN     Main Product View this runs along the left side of the refrigerator section at the top. unfortunately the only fix for that issue is to replace the control. I have placed a red arrow to the damper door which you can check and see that its open and not shutting when the refrigerator gets to the correct temp. graphic this is the back side of the control. here is a link to order the control, thanks and have a great day, Bryan