Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a brand new Samsung refrigerator installed Saturday.

I have a brand new Samsung refrigerator installed Saturday. Model RF22ONCTAWW/AA. The icemaker is the problem. It delivered one batch of ice (dirty brown color), which I threw out, realizing the line was clearing. One Monday (yesterday) an h. h. gregg installer unplugged the refrigerator to install a surge protector purchased from h. h. gregg. I mentioned that since the first dirty batch of ice on Sunday, I have had no more ice produced. He found a test button on the bottom of the icemaker, pushed it and it spewed out about 7 or 8 cubes, so it is working. I called Samsung later, when no more ice was produced. They suggested setting the freezer one notch colder than its starting mid-point and pushing the rapid freeze button. I did. This morning still no ice, so I again pushed the test button and got 7 cubes and a bell dinged. Help. I love my new refrigerator but would also like ice! The ice light is lighted.

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

So whenever you press the test button it will eject the ice cubes and refill, do you know exactly how cold the freezer is right now?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This model doesn't show temps, it just has notches. It is set two notches away from coldest...6 notches. It was originally set at mid-point (one notch away from where it is now when it produced the first and only full batch of dirty ice.

I was hoping that you had a thermometer to check it, the temps in the freezer have to be colder than 13 degrees for the ice maker to dump ice...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The bin has never actually refilled...only spewed out 7-8 cubes the two times the test button has been pushed. My frozen foods are rock solid. I also put an ice cube tray in the freezer so I'd at least have some ice and its frozen solid...froze in minutes. So the unit is freezing.

But the tray refills every time you press the test button?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it gives me 8 cubes of fully formed cubes when I press the test button. It also dings. I'm wondering if it also serves as a reset? The only time I had close to a full bin was the first ice that was dispensed when the unit was first installed. The ice was a dirty tan color and the store told me that this is normal...that the line has to clear when its first installed. All the controls are digital on this unit, so I'm wondering if there's something further that needs to be pressed? The ice light is on; the Power Freeze light is on, too.

The original bin of ice was produced, I might add, when the unit was set at mid point temperature wise...with three bars on either side of the mid point. The so-called manual only tells me to check the water to be certain its is and try a colder temp...I have, yet it produced the initial batch set lower. Frankly, I'm not impressed with the manual!

No, there is nothing else that needs to be pressed, you have a bad sensor on your new unit, they will need to replace the ice maker for it to work properly.. You will need to contact Samsung to schedule for the repair, takes about 10 minutes to replace and technicians normally carry these on their trucks since we change a lot of them...

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory