AUSSIE- Repair Tech.
AUSSIE- Repair Tech., Appliance Tech
Experience:  Appliance Tech with 12 years experience in the Industry.
55003593

I have a washing machine Model GW711 Product No 93151, during

Customer Question

I have a washing machine Model GW711 Product No 93151, during the process of washing, when it reaches the final rinse/spin the 3rd,4th, green light and the red spin light begins to flash and it will not finish its cycle. I cannot turn the power of on the panel but must resort to the main switch. What is the problem, as we do not have any repair people in our town
Category: Appliance
Expert:  AUSSIE- Repair Tech. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Helen and welcome, thank you for your inquiry today,

There are the 8 lights on your wash panel. 5 wash, 2 rinse, 1 spin.

12345-67-8

Please tell me exactly which lights come up when you follow the procedure below.

Turn power off at the console

Press and hold the wash temperature down then press the power button. The machine should give two short beeps.

Any fault codes will be displayed. EG: (34-67-8) via the wash panel indicator

Wait 30 seconds, power, off, power on, power off again.

Cheers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

we have to turn the power of at the main switch, as the power on the console will not turn off. The lights that remain on are 3 & 4 on the wash cycle and the one spin, when we followed the procedure as directed (only by turning the main switch off) The above lights come on and beep, we cannot see any fault codes

Hi Helen,

In that case, that is our code, lights 3 and 4.

The fault code is as follows, along with the service procedure.

48. (00340000) Phase 2 to 6 - Hot and Cold Valve Faulty (Electronics)

The Motor Controller module has measured voltages from the valve diagnostic
circuit that indicate both the hot and cold valves are faulty. The most likely cause is
that the valve harnesses have not been connected correctly or the valve is open
circuit.

Primary Source: Wiring.
Action:
Check the valve harnesses are correctly fastened to the valves or the pins are not
bent backwards.

Secondary Source: Water Valves.
Action:
Check the valve coils are not faulty (open circuit).

Tertiary Source: Motor Controller module.
Action:
Replace the Motor Controller module.

Knowing the history of this machine and the model/series, Id more than likely say that the motor controller module has failed.

How handy are you with a screwdriver?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We will need time to check out the valves and if necessary purchase a new motor controller module. Then we will rate your advice this may take a few days

Kind regards

Helen

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We have attempted to check the wiring which seems ok to us. THe only way we thought we could check the water valve was to run the hot or cold wash individually. However when we switch the main power on the panel lights with lights 3,4 and eight and will not allow anything to happen.

Can you advise best way to proceed

You need to check the valve solenoids (The electrical windings on each valve) with a multimeter for resistance.

Your 12V valves should read around 30 to 34OHMS

If they check out okay, then the brain is stuffed.

Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it please?

Cheers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We have checked the valve solenoid and the cold water one is not working, we are not sure how to progress

Before we progress further, do you use hot water to wash with at all>??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We have ordered a new cold water valve and should receive tomorrow, will let you know how we go