Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. working for a major domestic appliance company. Numerous training programs with cities, guilds and major manufacturers.
14831508

I purchased a kleenmaid heavy duty top loader by speedqueen

I purchased a kleenmaid heavy duty top loader by speedqueen usa in sep. 2002, I dont have the model no. handy. All functions appear to be working well with the exception of the spin cycle. As it reaches full speed the machine vibrates , shakes and jumps all over the room. I can stop the jumping around by leaning on the front of the machine, but cant stop the massive vibration. The machine has been spinning well and i am sure it is level and the washing load is distributed evenly, can you assist without the model number?

thank you

XXXXX XXXXX

Sorry for the delay in replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are you still looking for help with this?

Please don't rate my answer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just use the reply button to contact me.

This may just be that the cabinet is not level.

Use a spirit level left to right and front to back, and adjust it accordingly.

Retry the machine.

If its still not good, please let me have the model number

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The machine is at a relatives house in Dorrigo,it will be a couple of weeks before I am back there to get the model No. I have tried the spirit level and believe I have it level, it has been spinning perfectly for the last 7 yrs. then out of the blue this gigantic shuddering when it reaches full speed spin, it actually bounces all around the room. Leaning on it with some force stops the movement, but it still vibrates. I wondered if a part might have failed which would cause this. Thanks Rob.

Hi John

If the machine seems to be level, the next thing to do would be to remove the cabinet and look at the suspension and make sure that nothing has come loose.

Let me know what you find and post back whenever you can, thats fine

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I wont be able to get back to you for a couple of weeks.

Thanks.