Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Is there any way to re-set a HE3 washer without unplugging

Customer Question

Is there any way to re-set a HE3 washer without unplugging it? Takes two guys to pull stacked washer & dryer out of its location before it could be unplugged. I have tried 3 sec "unlock" on Drain/Spin button and "tap-tap" on the Pause/Cancel button. It remains locked in drain/spin mode with lights blinking.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So you can always reset your circuit breaker for 60 seconds to see if the washer will reset. I do want to say that the model number you have listed is for the dryer, not the washer. But very rarely is just "resetting" the washer going to fix your problem. Usually the beeping is an error code. If the unit is beeping, look at your washer and if it has a display, what error is showing up in the display? If it doesn't have a display, count how many times the lights flash and that should be your error code.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

washer model #11042926203

OK thank you, XXXXX XXXXX answer is still the same. Unless you have an error code, try to reset it because that model number doesn't help without an error code.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

And how do I re-set it... that was my initial question. It is stuck in rinse/spin mode with the number of seconds flashing in the window. Will let me open the door. But will not let me change its functionality or start any activity.

That number of seconds flashing in the window is the error code. Can I please gett that error code?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

If I push Rinse... 21. If I push Drain/spin... 11.

Those aren't error code, you cleared the error code by touching the buttons on the panel. Flip the circuit breaker off for 60 seconds to reset the washer. Then try to run another cycle. Either the washer will reset, or the error code will come back at some point before the next cycle finishes. If it comes back, please give me the error code and I can tell you what it means. If it doesn't come back, then apparently flipping the circuit breaker off is all you needed to do.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Looks like that reset it. All numbers went away. I pushed a cycle and it has now started that cycle! Wohoo. Hope it actually does what it's supposed to.

OK, well that may not actually reset the issue as I said before. You'll need to wait until the cycle ends to see if an error code re-appears. If it does, don't cancel it and just tell me what it is. If an error doesn't occur and the unit runs through then it should be good to go.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I pushed a Normal cycle, which will take a while. I will watch for an error code.

OK good luck.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

So if I get an error code, how do I get back to you?

You just post back like you're doing now. These questions are left open even after rating in case you need to ask follow-up questions (for instance the error returns next week... etc...)

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
Good luck, and of course if an error code appears on the screen, please let me know and we can walk through what it means and how to fix it.