The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I have a Bosch 500 and I took of the filter cap to clean and

I have a Bosch 500 and I took of the filter cap to clean and can't get it back on
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
What is the model number of your unit, please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That is the model series number. I need the model number from the manufacturers label on the unit.
Open the door and it should be on the left hand side of the chassis.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can't open the door as it was in process when I realized that I didn't put the cap properly back on. But this was on the side WFMC3301UC15949368

Thank you. That will do.
Please stand by while I get you the information you need.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you know how long this will take. I'm afraid I underestimated the time and need to leave soon

Anne, after looking at the service manual and the parts breakdown I see that there isnt anything that would prevent you from reinserting the drain pump cap except for maybe a piece of debris that was washed into the coin trap when the unit was started.
Use a flashlight and look into the coin trap chamber for any debris. Clear anything in there and try inserting it again.
I will be here for at least another hour and then must leave for an appointment.
Please let me know if you have any other immediate concerns.
If not please select a positive rating at this time. Doing so will not close your question, and after you rate my service you may ask any followup questions you like. All at no additional charge.

Thank you.