Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool dryer doesnt completely dry cloths in a single cycle.

Whirlpool dryer doesn't completely dry cloths in a single cycle. The heating element heats just fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the heating element tests good, then you're down to a bad thermostat or partially clogged vent. I know you said you cleaned the vent but I hear that often and it's not always correct. So to be 100% sure the vent isn't the issue, disconnect the vent from the back of the dryer and run a cycle. If the dryer functions better (Clothes are dry in a single cycle) then you know something is going on with your vent where it's not allowing enough air to go through. If that doesn't improve the issue at all, then you need to order and replace the cycling thermostat. The cycling thermostat is not something you can test because you don't know if it's cycling at the proper temperatures all the time and such, so that is why you must check everything else first and use process of elimination. Below is a link to the cycling thermostat (4 wire thermostat mounted above the exhuast vent on the back of the dryer).

CLICK HERE
for thermostat

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I checked the vent hose as well as the duct coming from the drum to the fan. Found some lint in the duct but hose was clear. I see the 4 wire sensor on the exhaust duct. do you think that's the problem?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
I would still run a cycle without the vent connected to be sure the vent is not an issue. I as a technician need to do the same thing because sometimes there are issues with vents when you don't think there are. But yes, if you continue to have problems even with the vent disconnected---then I do think your sensor is bad and needs to be replaced.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.