Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

kemore dual fuel slide in range ditigal clock does stay displayed.

kemore dual fuel slide in range ditigal clock does stay displayed. clock keeps time and will display for "clock set" but then goes blank. What can be done?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Good Morning, Can you look at the model number again and get me the first 3 numbers at the beginning ? it will be a 3 number prefix like 110,106,665, or some other combo. thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model number is XXXXX 790.45714 or 790.45719. initial statement should have saild clock display will NOT stay displayed.

Perfect got it ! Okay the issue is the Oven Control Board is bad. There is a transformer on the board that fails. Unfortunately you cant replace the transformer alone because they don't sell that. the control needs to be replaced, (clock) I am including a link to the clock. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Control-Board/318184400/1155448?modelNumber=790.45712100?RCAID=1000065 this will fix your issue. hope this helps. thanks , Bryan graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bryan,

Why does the correct time display when "clock set" button is displayed. Wouldn't this be powered by the same transformer?

The transformer is still working to some but is loosing power to the display or the digital readout is failing. . either way the clock is one piece and cannot be repaired without changing the clock. They don't sell parts for the clock itself. also the transformer doesn't necessarily power the buttons but it does power the display. so in other words the button on the control will work and even make the display light up .I wish there was something you could do to fix this without replacing the clock but there isn't. A lot of the time people think there a sequence of buttons you can push to reset these but in reality if the digital display doesn't stay lit the clock is bad.