Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

display went out. only oven light seems to be working

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Did you run self clean before this happened by chance? And do you have the full model number which is located on a sticker around the frame of the oven and can be seen if you open one of the doors. The model number you have listed is a partial model number so it's correct, but there are so more digits after the rbd245.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this is a double built in oven moder rbd245pr000, and no self cleaning was run recently

OK perfect. So, there are only 2 things that can cause the display to be dead while the oven lights still function.

1. The oven is only getting 120 volts instead of 240 volts so it's getting 120 volts to the lights, but not to the display board which means you have a bad fuse since you've already flipped the breaker.

2. Your display control board has shorted and needs to be replaced.

In case you need the display board, below is a link to the part you'd need to order.

CLICK HERE for display board

Now for testing. You're going to need to remove the control panel and use a multimeter to test power at the control board to see if you have power to the display board or not. Open the bottom oven door and remove the 2 screws going into the side trim pieces around the oven frame toward the bottom. The side trim will then unclip at the bottom and pull forward about an inch with some wiggling and force. Then pull straight down to remove the trim. Shut the door and look at the control panel. On the right and left side at the bottom of the control panel are 2 screws that you unscrew and the control panel will pull forward, up, and off.

With a multimeter test power power between 24-3 (black wire) and 24-1 (white wire). If you just don't have 120 volts, then you have a bad fuse. Follow the black wire back to the fuse and replace the fuse. If you have 120 volts between black and white, then you need to replace the control board.

I see you tried to start a new question, but hopefully you can find your way back here because I answered your question here on your original question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

In case it is the fuse; is this fuse readily available or does it have to be special ordered?

It's usually something you can pick up at any appliance parts store or hardware store. You just need to remove the fuse and bring it in and they can match it up. If the hardware store doesn't have it and you need to go to an appliance parts store, be sure to bring your model number along with the part so they can look it up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you very much for your prompt response.

No problem and I wish you only the best of luck.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!