Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

casio wtw6400sw2 sometimes stops in wash or rinse with an

Customer Question

casio wtw6400sw2 sometimes stops in wash or rinse with an F code . once an LO code. must manually move to rinse or wash or drain an proceed.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 11 months ago.
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Sorry to hear you are having this problem with the washer..From what you are explaining ..The LO Error code means the computer is sensing a fault within the Washers tub assembly..Basically the motor is struggling to spin the tub itself..The cause is corousion between the washers tub and the shaft the tub sits on..Once the washer fills the tub rises up about 1 inch from the agitator...What this does is disengage the basket from the motor so that the agitator can rotate independently from the basket. If the basket does not float then when it tries to agitate the whole basket will turn back and forth at the same speed as the agitator and this will cause the OL/0L error code...The fix is to remove the tub from the shaft..Inspect and clean the tub bearings as follows.

1. Unplug the power cord
2. Lift the top of the washer up, to do this there are 2 latches in the seams between the top and the bottom sections. These latches are about 6 1/2 inches from the right side and left side of the washer. You need to insert a small screwdriver (be careful not to scratch the paint) and push the latch while lifting the top section.
3. The top will actually fold back leaving the inner tube fully exposed. Support the glass lid so it doesn’t get damaged because it is very heavy and will fall open when you flip the top back.
4. Remove the plastic top of the tub. There is one hose connected at the back and there are several snaps around the outer edge that hold it on. Remove the hose and unsnap the snaps and set it aside.
5. Remove the cap covering the very center of the agitator. It is just snapped in place and can be pried off with a small screwdriver.
6. Remove the center screw under the cap.
7. Remove the agitator, you need to lift it evenly and might have to work your way around by pulling on one of the three fins and then the next and so on. I also had luck using a small pair of needle nose pliers and grabbing a small lip inside the area where the screw was and pulling from there.
8. Remove the 6 Phillips screws in the middle holding the plastic top gear in place. Be very careful you don’t drop one of the screws because it can fall through the slots in the basket and be lost below.
9. Remove the plastic top gear.
10. Pull the plastic lower gear off of the splined shaft. It should pull right off.
11. Now you need to pull the basket up and off of the shaft. This is where you might have problems because the basket might be corroded to the shaft. If you can grab the basket on both sides under the outer lip and pull upward it might pull up. If not, then you will have to figure out a way to get it off.
12. Once the basket is off you will notice there is liquid inside of it. That is factory sealed in there so do not worry about that, it is normal.
13. With the basket is off you will be able to see that the shaft is probably corroded and the inside bearing on the basket is corroded. Clean these both off very good and check to see if the basket can easily go back on the shaft and slide up and down without getting stuck. You may need to sand and file the shaft a little bit to get it totally cleaned up. The inner bearing of the basket is plastic so it is pretty easy to clean with light sanding.
14. Reassemble in the reverse order and your done. Check to make sure the basket can easily float now by pulling up on it from the top inside lips.
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Also Richard..There should have been a number after the F Symbol..This will designate the present error code in which the computer has detected..It should look as follows Fl..F2 etc.

Also please remember to rate my answer to you at "OK" or greater before leaving today..If you do have any further questions i will be standing by..Thank You Bob

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Bob, there was F O or F1 codes several times .Does mean the problem is something else or additional. My wife is sleeping now and she is the one who saw all the codes.

Rich

Richard..more than likely you have a F1 error code..Which indicates a faulty main control board..CLICK HERE FOR PART