Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an Amana A027DG1 and the upper oven wont light. I swapped

I have an Amana A027DG1 and the upper oven won't light. I swapped the ignitors between the upper and lower and that did not solve the issue. The lower oven still works fine.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Does the igniter glow even though the oven won't work?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well maybe I'm not looking at the igniter. There is a device mounted up by the burner on both the upper and lower oven that have ceramic bases to them. Neither of them glow and the lower oven does light, the upper one does not.

OK so it sounds like you're looking at the "broiler" igniter. I think you still have a bad igniter, but you were messing with the wrong igniter. The igniter that you are conserned about is the one below the floor inside the top oven. You need to remove the floor to access that igniter. Now you can swap the one from the bottom oven to the top oven if you want to make sure it works, but that is the igniter I think you need to replace. The part number you need to order and replace is 31939701 for this model.

Below is a link to the part you need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX looking at the wrong ignitor. Swapped them and the upper oven works fine. I'll order the part and replace it.

Awesome, glad we have it all solved.