Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Maytag centennial waher model# XXXXX serial#cy1940897 will

Maytag centennial waher
model# XXXXX serial#cy1940897
will not start wash cycle. Pulled knob to start wash,nothing. checked the water hoses, they are fine. If I forward knob to rinse cycle it will operate normally but again there is no water. Please help
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So this is a common failure for this model washer and unfortunately there is no way to "reset" the issue. There is also no way to test between the two possible parts that could have failed because they are 2 control board that communicate with one another. There is a "temperature switch" and a "sensor switch" which are actually control boards inside a switch body that will stop sending power to the water valve. Usually the temperature switch is the faulty part so I'd order that part first. Below is a link to both parts depending on which one you need. allows you to return parts if you end up not needing them so you could order both and just return the one you don't use, or you can order the temperature switch and hopefully that fixes your issue, otherwise you can return it and get the sensor switch instead.

As for tips, there is just one trick and if you don't know it, it's hard to access and replace the part. To remove the control panel, there are 2 metal spring clips below the control panel under the right end cap and the left end cap. Use a putty knife and slide it under the control panel from the front. Push back on the left and right spring clip and then the entire control panel will hinge up and backwards so that you can replace the part.

CLICK HERE for temperature switch

CLICK HERE for sensor switch

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!