Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Went to do a load of laundry and the machine keeps beeping

Went to do a load of laundry and the machine keeps beeping that the door is open but it's not and now the door won't unlock. Even tryed unplugging the machine but it won't unlock the door.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you happen to know what the model number of this washer is?

If not, then is this a top load Neptune washer or a front load Neptune washer? Is the control panel above the door or on the back of the washer above the top panel?

What error code are you getting exactly on the display?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

front loader

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
And where is the control panel? Above the door or on the back above the top panel of the washer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

on the back above the top panel

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
OK so It sounds like your door latch assembly has failed and will likely need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. To open the door manually, first unplug the washer. Next, open the dispenser lid and remove the bleach and softner compartments. There should be a plastic cord in the front of the dispenser that you can pull on to manually unlock the door and the door will open. Now that you have the door open, you can try again and see if the washer will work when you plug the washer back in. If you run into problems, the door latch assembly will need to be replaced. To order the correct door latch, you'll need the model number. The model is listed on a sticker just inside the door way or on the back of the control panel on the far left depending on the exact model.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did what you said to do and the door still will not unlock and open.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.
You need to pull on that cord while trying to open the door. If that doesn't work, then you will need someone to pull on that cord and you will need to forcefully open that door by pulling hard and hopefully nothing breaks. That cord is the back up safety device in case the latch fails, so if that won't unlock the door---there is nothing left but to use force.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.