Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have an Amana SXD2252W refridgerator, the ice maker is not

I have an Amana SXD2252W refridgerator, the ice maker is not working, it does put water in the tray but sometimes takes a day or two to dump? I put a thermometer in the freezer and it is reading approx 22 degrees, is that to warm? I dont see anything melting in my freezer? how does the ice maker know when to dump? is it a time thing or a sensor with the ice? the cubes will freeze but still wont dump???

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, Yes 22 degrees is to warm, An ice maker needs to be down below 8 degrees to cycle, it has a thermostat in it that tells it to cycle . Its not the ice maker you have an issue with the freezer, open the freezer and look at the back wall, is there frost on it ? is the fan in the freezer running ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I dont see any frost on the back wall, the fan is running

Okay,when you were cleaning the back of all the dust and dirt was the fan running behind also? the one next to the compressor?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it was not

ahhh, perfect. thats your issue,you need to first try spinning the fan by hand to see if it starts and that theres nothing stuck it, if it wont start it needs to be replaced, when that fan stops the compressor overheats and shuts down to early not getting the temp down far enough. heres a link to order the fan. replace that as soon as possible its bad for the compressor not running, you can place a fan behind the refrigerator facing the compressor in the meantime to help cool it. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan